Authors interested in submitting their articles are kindly requested to send their manuscripts in pdf format along with all relevant editable source files via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DOUBLE-BLIND PEER REVIEW
We follow a double-blind reviewing procedure. That is, the author(s) will remain anonymous to the reviewers throughout the peer review. Therefore, we kindly ask the author(s) to anonymize the manuscript and any associated materials. In particular, we ask the author(s) to take into account the following:
- author names, affiliations and any other potentially identifying information should be removed from the manuscript text and any other associated file (e.g. figures, appendices, supplementary material);
- a separate Title Page should be submitted, containing title, author names, affiliations, and the contact information of the corresponding author. Also, acknowledgements, disclosures, or funding information should be included on this page;
- author(s) should avoid citing their own work in a way that could reveal their identity.
THE SUBMITTED MANUSCRIPT
The article must be written in English.
It should contain the following information:
- Title / Author(s)
- Author’s Footnote
For each author the footnote should contain the institutional affiliation with complete address and email address. In the case of multiple authors, please specify who acts as corresponding author.
Acknowledgments of colleagues, grants, funds, etc. should be placed as footnote.
It should contain the following information:
- Abstract (max 150 words)
- JEL Classification
- Article Text
- Appendices (if any)
Regardless of the format style of the original submission, after acceptance, author(s) are requested to provide all source files and a pdf file of the final version of the article edited according to the RISS format style. For your convenience, RISS has developed a LaTeX template and a MS-Word template. You need to use one or the other to format your final version of the article.
LaTeX format package (downloadable from TemplateLatexRISS.zip)
The LaTeX format package contains:
- the LaTeX example template (TemplateRISS.tex);
- the pdf output file (TemplateRISS.pdf);
- the LaTeX article class for RISS (Veparticle_RISS.cls);
- the BibTeX bibliography style for RISS (RISS.bst) in case you manage the bibliography with a .bib file;
- additional example files for figures (exFig1.jpg, exFig2.jpg) and for bibliography (example.bib);
- a ReadMe file (ReadMe.txt).
MS-Word format package (downloadable from TemplateWordRISS.zip)
The MS-Word format package contains:
- the MS-Word template (TemplateWordRISS.docx);
- the pdf output file (TemplateWordRISS.pdf).
GUIDELINES FOR EDITING THE TEXT
The LaTeX and MS-Word template file contain all the information needed for editing the text according to the RISS style. In particular, keep in mind the following requirements when editing the text.
The main body of the article should be divided by appropriate numbered section and subsection headings. Abbreviations should be defined at first mention and used consistently thereafter.
Tables should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals following the order in which they are cited. Therefore, each table must be cited in the text. In page layout tables should be placed in sequence as close as possible to their first citation. Each table must have a brief descriptive title on top:
Table 1. - Mean Performance Scores of Students with Different College Majors
Figures and Graphs
Each figure/graph must have a figure caption at the top, including the figure number:
Figure 1. - Mean Performance Scores of Students with Different College Majors
Figures are numbered consecutively, using Arabic numerals, and must be cited in the text. Each figure must be keyed into the text as Figure 1, Figure 2 etc. and placed as close as possible to its first citation.
Figures should be attached to the text in an open file format (300dpi). Figures can be provided in colors. However, they will be published in colors only in the PDF online version. In the printed version, figures will be published exclusively in grayscale. Therefore, make sure the figure keeps all its characteristics when exported to grayscale.
Please be sure that figures, graphs and tables fit within the page area (12,5 cm width x 19,5 cm height) and avoid light color shadings as well as fine hairlines which might not come out in the printed grayscale version.
Text citations should be made using the author’s surname and date of publication (see the LaTeX or the MS-Word template files).
A reference list should contain references that are cited in the text; its accuracy and completeness are the responsibility of the author(s). References are alphabetized by authors’ surnames; two or more references of the same author(s) must be listed in chronological order. Journal titles should be given in full (see the LaTeX or the MS-Word template files).
If there is more than one appendix, they should be identified as sections A1, A2, etc. Formulae and equations in appendices should be given separate numbering: (A1), (A2), etc.; numbering should be continued in subsequent appendices. Similarly for tables and figures: Table A1; Figure A1, etc. (see the LaTeX or the MS-Word template files for more details)
In order to avoid common problems of style:
- use quotation marks
- when a standard term is used in a nonstandard way: ‘nnnnnn’
- to indicate the beginning and ending of a direct quotation: “nnnnnn”;
- italics may be used only sparingly for words in languages different than the one used in the main text, as well as to introduce and emphasize important terms.
Page proofs will be sent to the author for correction of typographical errors only. In case of two or more authors the proofs will be sent to the corresponding author.
One PDF copy of the issue in which their article appears will be sent free of charge to each named contributor as well as the PDF file of the article. Additional copies may be purchased at authors’ expenses at proof stage. If you need further information, please contact Vita e Pensiero editorial office (email@example.com).
RISS - 2023 -Istruzioni per gli autori.pdf
Browse the archive
RIVISTA INTERNAZIONALE DI SCIENZE SOCIALI - 2023 - 3. A special issue on “Economic and Social Exclusion and the NEETs”
RIVISTA INTERNAZIONALE DI SCIENZE SOCIALI - 2023 - 2